Learn how to thrive as a woman in STEM leadership over two insightful days. Image: Shutterstock
Women represent half of the population, but you wouldn’t know it if you looked at your average STEM office. In technology fields for example, just 28 per cent of IT workers in Australia and 23 per cent in New Zealand are female, which is crazy considering that by 2023 there’s predicted to be 3.5 million job openings in cyber security alone.
Luckily thanks to initiatives like The Hatchery’s Public Sector Women in STEM Leadership Summit, emerging female leaders are being nurtured and celebrated – and the opportunities for career growth are huge.
Running virtually this September (21-22), the Public Sector Women in STEM Leadership Summit is an opportunity for up-and-coming female leaders to get inspired by some of the most successful women in STEM.
Over two days the event will cover a wide range of topics from networking, to mentoring and transitioning into leadership. And the benefits for your career? Seriously huge.
- Boost your confidence and understand the most common learnings of senior leader
- Gain advice on key topics for women in STEM, including working in male dominated environments, leading diverse and high performing teams and uncovering the power of networking and mentoring
- Hear from exciting VIP and international keynotes, valuable case studies & in-depth panel discussions
- Learn from new role models who established their careers in male-dominated fields
Inspiring speaker line-up
Up there with some of the biggest names on the program are:
- Dr Sian Proctor – geoscientist, explorer and diversity in STEM advocate, SpaceX Inspiration4 crew pilot
- Prof Lisa Harvey-Smith – award-winning astrophysicist and author, Australian Government Women in STEM ambassador
- Sabra Horne – Entrepreneur in Residence, BMNT, former Chief, U.S. Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency Innovation Hub
Who should attend?
Short answer? Any STEM professionals interested in busting stereotypes and increasing diversity in the workforce!
The program is perfect for current and emerging female leaders in STEM, those with technical roles as well as officers and managers through to directors and SES, HR, diversity and capability professionals and leaders, and learning and development leaders.
Keen to attend? Use the code CAREERSWITHSTEM and save $100 off your conference registration. Additional discounts are available for group bookings too.